The Interurban Station
The Northville Historical Society is a not-for-profit volunteer organization responsible for the financing and operation of Mill Race Village. All funding for the Village is a result of donations, grants, and Society-sponsored events.
The history of Northville, Michigan is alive at Mill Race Village. Created in 1972 by the Northville Historical Society, the Village serves as a focal point for the Northville community while preserving architectural styles common to the area prior to 1900. The Village was built on land donated to the City of Northville by the Ford Motor Company. Once the site of Northville’s first grist mill, the Village consist of a church, bell pier, gazebo, school, rustic wooden bridge, blacksmith shop, Interurban Station, general store, and several homes reminiscent of an era gone by.